Essex Stairlifts offer a range of affordable curved and straight stairlifts for installation in your home. We have a team of expert, qualified engineers who will install your new stairlift quickly and safely to give you peace of mind, mobility, and independence in your own home. We also provide service and maintenance contracts upon request.
You can choose between new or used stairlifts and straight, curved or freelift to ensure that your stairlift fits your home, requirements, and budget. Most of our stairlifts are remote controlled and swivel seated, so they do not require additional assistance to use and all lifts are fitted with seatbelts to ensure safety during use.
Back, hip, and knee problems can cause a lot of distress, especially when it seems that you cannot live in your own home safely. Stairlifts are a simple solution mobility problems – they allow you to stay in your cherished family home without the need to move into single-storey accommodation. You can move around your home quickly and easily, with no additional help needed.
Our stairlifts are:
- Easy to use
- Transferable between properties
- Left or right handed
We can supply and install stairlifts for homes or businesses, including local authorities, NHS, and care homes – we provide the same level of care, service, and attention to every client, whether a private individual or NHS Trust. If you or your loved one have difficulty walking up and down stairs, installing a stairlift is a solution that will help retain independence and confidence. A stairlift can be installed in almost every property and any full-sized staircase.
Choosing the Right Stairlift
There are a number of different stairlift types to choose from. If you are unsure which type is right for you and your home, just let us know – we are happy to conduct a survey to help you understand what you need and how your stairlift will be fitted.
The options are:
- Straight Stairlifts for stairs that only travel in a single, straight direction without turns. These stairlifts cannot go around corners but are usually suitable for stairs that go from a hallway to a landing (for example).
- Curved Stairlifts for stairs that turn around corners or go in a spiral shape. There are different types of curved stairlifts for different stairs, so there is almost always a solution to fit your home.
- Freelift Stairlifts for stairs with multiple or unusual curves or corners. These stairlifts leave the most room for other stair users and are often the best fit for multi-story staircases.
- Heavy Duty Stairlifts for clients who require a more robust stairlift that has additional reinforcement in the seat, hingest, and footrest.
Professional quality installation is essential to a safe stairlift. We offer an installation service, where our friendly engineers come to your property to install the stairlift and show you how to use it. Most installations can be completed in 2-4 hours, depending on the type of stairlift and number of flights of stairs. In some instances, we may need to move a handrail or reduce a window sill to ensure that your stairlift can be fitted properly, but we will inform you if that is the case. In these instances, you can use your own contractor or we can recommend somebody to complete the work quickly.
Repairs, Servicing, and Maintenance
Stairlifts only require minimal maintenance, but like any appliance they need to be cared for to ensure that they continue to operate properly. We can help with one-off repairs, ongoing maintenance, and regular servicing. Just let us know what you need!